Autumn Nails 2016/ Colours and Trends To Follow
The crispy air in the mornings, the shops decorated with pumpkins, the falling leafs, the cozy evenings at home… it all means Autumn. Surrounded by yellow, orange, red and brown colours I am so excited for this year’s Autumn nails 2016 trends.
During Spring we all love to treat our nails with pastels. Summer means bright, bold colours… And Autumn is all about greys, burgundies and mauves. I hope today’s post will give you some inspiration and new ideas for your Autumn inspired manicure.
Autumn Nails 2016/ Colours & Trends To Follow
I know everyone can pull off a nice red or burgundy shade in Autumn but I thought it will be fun to add some shade of pink and blue in today’s post for the gals who don’t like to follow rules.
Autumn Nails 2016/ 10 picks for you
1. Collection Field Day nail polish in Heather 1 is part of Collection’s Field Day range. It is a mauve grey shade and does not contain any shimmer or glitter. Heater is a pastel shade and it is one of those neautral colours which can be used all year round. It is very affordable and for the price tag you can’t go wrong. To achieve a vibrant colour you need to apply two coats but most of the time I can get away with just one.
2. Maybelline Color Show 60 Seconds in Mauve Kiss 150 is a mid toned nude brown with grey undertone. I wouldn’t consider it as a mouve-y shade though… It is great for your every day manicure; work or school appropriate. Mauve Kiss is one of those shades that if I feel indecisive about what nail colour to wear I always reach for this one.
3. Annika Nail Colour in Clean Slate is the perfect mid toned grey. It does not contain any shimmer which I love.
*Annika is a brand that I discovered recently and I would say it is pretty darn good. But let me introduce you closely to the brand…
The Edge Nails is one of the UK’s leading professional nail care brands and you can find Annika polishes in salons and nail technicians. Luckily the brand has its own website where consumers like me and you can purchase Annika polishes for only £4.20. What I love about these nail polishes is that they are free from nasties such as Formaldehyde, Toluene and Phthalate which some of other polishes contain.
4. Burberry Nail Polish in Pink Azalea 223 is a gorgeous deep fuchsia shade. Because it is kinda muted down you can get away with wearing it during Autumn. Therefore if you combine it with a grey nail polish, the colours will compliment each other for gorgeous manicure. Its fun to follow the trends but it is even more fun to step out of the box and play with colours, right?
For the lovers of berries and burgundies…
5. Barry M Nail Paint in Raspberry 520 is my go-to evening nail polish for Autumn/Winter. It is a deep berry shade. Raspberry looks sophisticated and super feminine ones applied on the nails. This shade does not have any shimmer or glitter. Barry M nail polishes are amazing quality. Their thicker formula makes the colour very opaque and long lasting.Autumn nails/ Colours and trends to follow this season.Click To Tweet
6. Annika Nail Colour in Deep Velvet is described as a dark red burgundy with shimmer finish. The colour is rich and opaque. One coat is enough to give you the desire results. Deep Velvet is more of a “night out” kinda shade and it looks lovely with any outfit.
7. Maybelline SuperStay Gel Nail Color in Midnight Red 287 is a dark burgundy shade nail polish with creme finish. If you like a dark red nails, Midnight Red is for you. It is day and night appropriate. I love the wide curved brush as it gives the perfect precision and easy application.
8. Maybelline Superstay Gel Nail Color in Extreme Blackcurrant 05 is a dark berry shade with creme finish. This shade is part of Maybelline Autumn 2015 collection. Maybelline SuperStay range is one of my favourite drugstore collections. All of the shades are very opaque and the nail polishes itself are very long-lasting . The brush is also amazing… it is wide and curved and it makes the application easy and precised.
Dark green and blues are also a must have for Autumn
9. Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Black Pistachio 537 is a gorgeous dark emerald green. It is such an unusual colour and it is a must have for your Autumn Nails 2016. Black Pistachio was released last year with Barry M Autumn collection but it continues to be a staple for Autumn/ Winter. This nail polish like any other from Barry M is a spot on and it will continue to be my go-to nail polish and this Autumn.
10. Essie in Mezmerised 93 is a deep royal blue with creme finish. This shade is a great alternative if you don’t want to stick to the traditional autumnal shades. The colour lives up to its name- Mesmerised! Although it is a blue shade (most blues are considered as a fun, party kinda shades) it gives you an elegant look. The blue pops out and you can achieve a solid colour with just one coat. autumn nails 2016
Annika kindly offers 20% off of your first order with discount code WELCOMEOFFER. Enjoy!
*This post contains PR Samples. For more information read my Disclaimer.