Banana And Cinnamon Valentines Cupcakes
With love to you… Sweeten your life with these valentines cupcakes
In the week of Valentine’s Day I wanted to show you how thankful I am that you are part of my life (yes, you… I am talking about you…) and make some Valentines cupcakes to sweeten your life… This was a big challenge for me as baking is not my forte 🙂 .
I decided to go for banana and cinnamon cupcakes with a pinch of nutmeg. Yummy…
My little boy was very excited to bake and decorate with me and as a beginner bakers I thing we did pretty good. What do you think?
Ingredients:Sweeten your life with these Valentine's Day banana and cinnamon cupcakes. Click To Tweet
- 75g/3oz melted butter
- 250g/9oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 115g/4oz caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ( I did a bit of experiment thingy and instead of vanilla extract I added pepper mint extract and it did taste quite yummy too )
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 125ml/4fl oz milk
- 10 walnut kernels (optional)
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Melt the butter and allow to cool. Mash the bananas well. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl, add caster sugar and stir through.
- With a fork, beat together the eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter and milk in a second bowl. Add the mashed banana and stir through.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture, stirring roughly with a fork (don’t over mix) until it is a lumpy paste.
- Set paper cases into the moulds, or grease the moulds well with a little extra oiler butter and spoon in the mixture until almost full. Top each one with a walnut caramel if you like.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins come away from the side of the pan when touched. Rest the muffin tray on a wire rack for five minutes.
- Now you can decorate them with the desire icing and add sprinkles of your choice. I also added a heart sweets for extra Valentine’s feel.
- You can serve the muffins with sliced banana and drizzled with honey
Hope you have an amazing Valentine’s Day and don’t forget to show your feelings to your beloved ones 365 days a year and not only on 14th of February.
For some Valentine’s day Gift Inspiration click here .