What Is StumbleUpon And How To Increase Blog Traffic
What is StumbleUpon and should bloggers using this platform
Is this another social media site? Is it a new trend in online networking? What is StumbleUpon and is it the bloggers new best friend?
What is StumbleUpon
StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that sends interesting content to you based on your interests. The website is StumbleUpon.com and it basically predicts and discovers cool content for you to read.
StumbleUpon is one of the best social media systems for driving traffic to your blog so you, my fellow bloggers, will love it!
How to use StumbeUpon to help you drive traffic to your blog
First thing first you need to create your account… So how to do it:
- Fill up your basic bio information
- Select the topics you are interested in. You can select as many topics as you wish. By selecting your interests you are telling StumbleUpon what kind of topics to stumble for you every time you visit the site.
- Upload profile photo of yourself
After you have created your profile you can start your journey of discovering, liking and following new bloggers. At this point you should concentrate on stumbling other people’s content and follow few bloggers before submitting your own blog posts. You can stumble by clicking on the red button on top of the page and click on the “thumb up” if you enjoyed the article.
Do not self promote! Social media is a community and StumbleUpon is not an exception. With StumbleUpon is very important to share others content and posts. The truth is that if you self promoting all the time StumbleUpon will bury your posts and no one will ever interact with you or follow you. You have to make sure you give value to others and by liking and sharing their content you will build strong relationship with them.What is StumbleUpon and how this social media can help you drive traffic to your blog. Click To Tweet
Now is time for you to submit your own content. You can do this by entering your post URL here . By submitting your own blog post you adding it to your “likes” and to StumbleUpon feed. This means that followers and people in your niche can discover it and share it. You can create sections like on Pinterest and post to them. Here on StumbleUpon they are called “Lists”.
When you start using StumbleUpon you will notice that people have different coloured bars. These colours represent different interests. So for example my interest is “beauty” so every time I save someone’s post it will appear in dark blue boarder.
StumbleUpon uses a paid ad version which can boost you up and give exposure to your blog posts. Click here for more information. I think it is very good tool and people who are interested in your topic will be directed to your posts. And this means more genuine traffic, right?
- Create a good description on each of your Lists and every time you post something, add it to your relevant “List”.
- Participate with powerful Stumblers! Follow powerful profiles in your niche and be active with them. If you creating a valuable content and this content is related to their one, they will most likely share some of your blog post as well.
- Be on StumbleUpon for about 20 min every day! Don’t over share and over post ( as far as I know this platform will not support you if you over do it ). So spend some time in there, follow the steps above and leave.
- Make your posts “shareable”! Add good description, use colourful photos and write a good content
- Add StumbleUpon button to your site! This way your readers can easily add and share your blog posts on this platform.
- Participate in Facebook bloggers groups! One of the best bloggers group on FB has treat especially associated to StumbleUpon. There we can stumble each other’s posts and help promote our blogs. The group is called Blog Engagement/Promotion Group and it is awesome.
So what is StumbleUpon? It is a powerful place to get traffic for your blog and it can be a huge benefit to gain exposure.
Featured image source: Pexels